GSO Sesquicentennial Celebration
Accepting applications: April 2nd – October 15th
Winner announcement date: Last GSO meeting in Fall 2019 semester
We are calling for applications to organize and run the Syracuse University (SU) Graduate Student Organization (GSO) Sesquicentennial Celebration taking place in the Spring 2020 Semester in collaboration with the GSO. This is an opportunity to celebrate the history of SU and graduate students within the broader university. Winners will be awarded the privilege of organizing an event for the entire graduate student population while highlighting their own organization’s special role and message for SU. To accomplish this, the GSO will award the winning RSO(s) with a $15,000 budget for running the event, and an additional $1000 will be awarded to the annual budget(s) (FY20) of the winning RSO(s) (the $1000 award will be distributed evenly amongst joint applicants).
The purpose of the GSO Sesquicentennial Celebration is to:
* Celebrate the past and present of SU, while also looking forward to the future.
* Highlight the GSO and graduate students within SU’s 150 year history.
* Incorporate the history and values of SU.
* Allow the winning RSO(s) to have a unique perspective in planning and implementing the celebration.
* Provide an open and inclusive celebration for graduate students.
* Replace the GSO 2020 Spring picnic to accommodate approximately 600 attendees.
* Winner should expect to work with the GSO Vice President of External Affairs, the Outreach Committee, and the GSO 150th Celebration Featured Event Task Force to ensure successful implementation of the celebration.
* The celebration should be held on campus (e.g., the Inn Complete).
* The date of implementation is flexible.
* Joint applications will be accepted and are encouraged (no limit on how many RSOs can collaborate for this application).
* $15,000 for the event (plus additional funding available through special programming)
* An additional $1000 will be awarded to the annual budget(s) (FY20) of the winning RSO(s) ($1000 award will be distributed evenly amongst joint applicants).
* Applications will be reviewed by the GSO 150th Celebration Featured Event Task Force. The Task Force will invite two applicants to present their bid to the GSO Senate at the last meeting of the Fall 2019 semester. Invitations will be sent at least two weeks prior to the last GSO meeting. The GSO Senate will then vote to determine the winner.