Payment for Speakers


The forms on this page are to be used if your organization needs to pay a speaker for travel and/or honorarium. If the speaker is an employee of the University, talk to the GSO Comptroller first, this may change the following procedure. You should have already completed an Expense Pre-Approval Form; if you haven’t, speak to the GSO Comptroller immediately.


Before spending any money on travel, etc., make sure your expense request has been approved by the GSO! We do not want a speaker to show up and not get paid.

  1. Have the speaker complete a W-9 Form. The GSO will need the original, signed form. Copies, scans, and faxes of the W-9 are not sufficient.
  2. Complete the Non-SU Personnel Worksheet.
  3. Complete the Request for Payment of Professional Services by Non-Employees Form if your speaker is receiving an honorarium.
  4. If you are reimbursing your speaker for travel costs, fill out and complete:
    1. Travel Expense Form
    2. Travel Voucher Form
  5. Fill out and submit the Request for Payment form found here.
  6. Take all the forms you have filled out and put them in one envelope. Submit the envelope to the GSO. The GSO mailbox is in Lyman 304, or you can drop it off at the office, Lyman 303.

We will contact you if we have any questions. If you have any concerns contact the GSO Comptroller.

Typically, payment will take 4-6 weeks before it arrives to your speaker. Please reach out to the comptroller if your speaker has not been paid after 6 weeks.