Grant Reimbursement Procedure
The GSO disburses Travel Grants as reimbursements for expenses already incurred. In addition, these awards are treated as taxable income by the IRS. For US citizens and resident aliens, it is your responsibility to report this income on your annual tax returns. For nonresident aliens, the University may withhold part of the award as taxes, in accordance with all applicable tax law. For this reason, we must collect SSN information on our form. All information is kept strictly confidentially, and protected under all applicable regulations. Nothing on this page should be construed as financial or tax advice.
Direct Deposit Information
Students are encouraged to set up direct deposit of reimbursements in Myslice.
- If you have access to the Employee Services section, go to the View/Update My Direct Deposit link under the HR/Payroll heading.
- If not, go to the Student Services section, under the Finances heading, and use the View Student Account link.
- Use the Please click here to enter link.
- Then click the View Direct Deposit link.
- Once on the Direct Deposit page, add a bank account to the Non-Payroll Direct Deposit Information section. Please note that if you already have Payroll Direct Deposit set up, that information does not automatically transfer over.
- To add an account, click the Add Account button.
- On the following page, enter your banking information and click save. The account will be verified by the university.
- All future payments will be sent to this bank account automatically.
To receive your payment
To receive your payment, please print and fill out the GSO Grant Payment Form and attach to it your receipts. Send the whole packet to the GSO. Our office is Lyman Hall 303. The reimbursement request must be received within 30 days of your last travel date (or the expense date if no travel is involved) or within 30 days of receiving your award letter, whichever is later. Please email the Financial Secretary if you cannot meet this deadline.
If you are not on campus, mail the packet to:
GSO Travel Grants
303 Lyman Hall
Syracuse NY 13244-1270
This form can be used when the awardee is the one to be paid. If this is not the case, please send an email to the Travel Grant Committee, and we will provide further instructions.